[rhn-users] iptables question

lance at darkerforce.com lance at darkerforce.com
Thu Feb 3 14:45:04 UTC 2005

I am not sure if this is the correct group to post or not, but here is the
question.

I setup a FC3 machine to replace an existing *cough* MS Proxy machine.
Setup / configured squid which is running perfect.  I now want to
customize the internal network a bit more, and want to almost MASQUERADE
or allow ALL traffic out from one / two internal IP's.  (basically I want
to allow all from my desktop, (ssh, ICQ) and not go through squid.)

I would assume I would use something like;
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE *** but then add
something to say ip's x,y or x through y

Any help is appreciated.

lr