[rhn-users] Channel suddenly missing on currently valid subscription?

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Tue Feb 8 22:35:29 UTC 2005

Redhat did do some maintenance to the AS3 i86 channels (merging 64bit).
This may (or not) have impacted your client registration.  I believe
the change occurred on Feb 1.  Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: Marty Merrick [mailto:MMerrick at idleaire.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 2:37 PM
To: Red Hat Network Users List
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] Channel suddenly missing on currently valid
subscription?

Michael,
I've had some recent problems with RHN where I had to delete the 3
__db.00x files from /var/lib/rhn, but the error was very different.

As for getting help, I have been able to contact my sales rep for help
with getting subscription info squared away. You might try that. If you
don't who that is, call the main toll free number, tell them you want to
speak with your sales rep.

Marty

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 13:29, Michael Durket wrote:
> I have a validly subscribed RedHat Enterprise Linux WS 3.0
> system (it's not due to expire until May of this year).
> Up until the last week, I've been able to run up2date reliably
> to get all the current updates. Last week when I attempted to
> run up2date, I received the following message:
>
>   "This system may not be updated until it is associated with a
channel."

> Since I've had occasional problems with RHN losing information about
> my systems at random times, rather than getting upset, I logged on to
> my RHN account and attempted to change the base channel back to what
> the system was registered as. No go - the error message indicated that
> I would be exceeding my subscription limit.
>
> What's going on here? Has anybody seen this problem before (RedHat
suddenly
> losing channel info on a working channel)? Is there a fix?
>
> I'm sorry if this is the wrong list for support issues like these, but
for
> those of us with no phone/email/web support, it's particularly
frustrating
> when RHN screws things up and there's no way to get help. If there's
another
> list which is looked at by the RHN maintainers/tech support people let
me
> know and I'll repost my problem report there.
>
> Thanks.

Marty Merrick
IdleAire Technologies Corp.
p:865.342.3665