[rhn-users] Audio problem when upgrading Red Hat Enterprise 3

Michael Durket durket at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 10 17:10:46 UTC 2005

Nicolas,

  I recently had a similar problem with my Dell Precision systems.
If I recall correctly, what happens is that RedHat's dev RPM wipes
out the the ALSA system symlinks that Dell uses (at least that's what
happened in my case).

  If it's what I think it is, make sure that this symlink is
present on your Dell machine (assuming that you're using the
ALSA sound drivers supplied by Dell):

   /dev/snd -> /proc/asound/dev

  Hope this helps,

  Michael Durket