[rhn-users] Register already registerd system

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Thu Feb 17 14:49:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 05:24:36PM -0600, John Heim wrote:
> You wouldn't happen to know how my sys admin would get the machine listed
> on my list of servers, would you?  I'm not sure my sys admin gave it a
> great effor but he emailed me that "it doesn't appear that this can be
> done".
>
> He offered to reregister it for me while adding that RH would want another
> $50 from the University. I don't want that.

If your rhn.redhat.com account is in the same organization as your sys
admin's, then all he needs to do is create a System Group containing
only the system in question, and grant you access to that particular
System Group.

Your sys admin should also be able to tell you if your account is in
the same organization as his accounts.

--Bret