[rhn-users] Postfix + Maildir + IMAP/POP3

SSI - Benjamin Morel bmorel at ssi.fr
Fri Feb 25 14:18:14 UTC 2005

Hello there,

I installed Postfix with Maildir support on my RHEL3 server.
After investigating a little bit on google, I couldn't figure out if I
really need to use a Courier-Imap installation to retrieve my mails with
IMAP/POP3, or if the bundled Imap rpm package (imapd/ipop3d) can also access
Maildir mailboxes, and not only mbox ones. Is there a config file for it ?
(It seems to only check /var/spool/mail/user content)

In other words, is Courier-Imap the only solution to access Maildir
mailboxes via IMAP/POP3 ?
Can't we use one of the redhat bundled RPM packages (and keep Posftix of
course, not replace it by QMail ;)) ?

Thanks in avance.

--
Benjamin