[rhn-users] Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 2) and tunable NGROUPS_MAX

John C. Koen johnk at southwestern.edu
Wed Jan 5 17:59:29 UTC 2005

	Dan wrote:
	>Not sure if you found an answer to this, but maybe an option would be to
	>use a different FTP server?  Maybe one that supports a different
	>authentication source?  When I worked at U of Iowa we were using proftpd
	>there and it worked great.  (still using it today too in private
	>sector).
	>
	>Dan

Dan,

I very much appreciate your timely response.

Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I believe this to be a kernel issue, and
not an issue with the FTP server.

I still have no workaround for NGROUPS_MAX limitations w/ the 2.4 linux kernel, at
this moment.

--johnk

John C. Koen
Systems & Network Administrator