[rhn-users] RHEL 3.0 and Broadcom BCM5704

Charith Perera cperera at intertechmedia.com
Mon Jan 10 21:48:04 UTC 2005

Hello,

We recently upgraded our switch to a gigabit one. All the machines appear to
be successfully communicating at 1000 Mbps without requiring a network
restart or system reboot. However, one machine, a Dell PE 1750 which has a
Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet is still communicating at
100Mbps. It's using the tg3 driver, which from my understanding has been
supporting gigabit ethernet cards for quite a while.

Does anyone have any ideas what the problem may be? Does the network or system
need to be restarted? I doubt that as I assume the driver isn't dependent on
the network.

Thank you,

Charith Perera.