[rhn-users] RHN Satellite/ IE cannot download

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Thu Jan 13 12:21:06 UTC 2005

I'm have my customers reporting that they cannot download
from my RHN Satellite (v3.2) using MS/IE (v6.0.2800.1106.yada-yada).
They are logging on, going to package details and then trying to
download a RPM. The message which pops up after the download starts:

"
Internet Explorer cannot download [filename] from [satserver.foo.com]
Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site.  The
requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.  Please try
again later.
"

The server log clearly indicates that the file was requested, and
reports
no further errors.  Two additional clues:

1) All customer browsers are configured for use through a proxy (of
which have
have no controller).

2) By right-clicking the URL and selecting 'Save As', a messages pops up
and reads:

"
Internet Explorer cannot download [filename] from [satserver.foo.com]
The file could not be written to the cache.
"

Thoughts/Comments/Suggestions.  I have a case open with RH, but I
thought
I'd ask here too.

Christoph