[rhn-users] unknown GPG signature for bonobo-activation

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 17:10:51 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 10:43:21AM -0600, Gary Wilson Jr wrote:
> Anyone else getting an unknown GPG signature on the
> bonobo-activation-2.2.2-1.1E package?
> I've tried deleting it from /var/spool/up2date/ so that it can
> re-download, but get the same error.  Is there a procedure for reporting
> this to Red Hat?
>
> The package bonobo-activation-2.2.2-1.1E is signed, but with an uknown
> GPG key. Aborting...
> Package bonobo-activation-2.2.2-1.1E has a unknown GPG signature.
>  Aborting...

First, for more information on Red Hat's package signing, use this
link:

https://www.redhat.com/security/team/key/#package

For more information on how to correctly report security issues to Red
Hat, visit this link:

https://www.redhat.com/security/team/contact/

That said, might be worthwhile to make sure it's not something as
simple as a corrupted download...

1)  what's the md5sum on the package post download?
2)  what OS are you running?
3)  what versions of up2date + rpm are you running?
5)  what key does the package appear to be signed with?
    (rpm --checksig -v <filename>.rpm)

--Bret