[rhn-users] Sendmail prblm

jijo john jijo_john at rediffmail.com
Sun Jan 16 09:43:24 UTC 2005

hai
today i have recovered the mail sending prblm outside
but I have now reciving prblm from outside
today i make changes in mx record in the dns server and i also
enable the feature in sendmail .mc
 FEATURE(`relay_based_on_MX')dnl
i specifided
define(`SMART_HOST',`mail.mysite.com'
and i make the one mx record for
mail.mysite.com
and in /etc/mail/local-host-names
mysite.com and i try with mail.mysite.com
 then i try to telnet with my pop3 server

Connected to mail.mysite.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
+OK POP3 mail.mysite.com v2001.78rh server ready
my prblm is i can't recive mail from outside  host in my
local area it is working
pls help me immdeately
thanking you
jijojohn

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 Alejandro Lemus wrote :
>Hello,
>go to at /etc/mail
>edit the file access
>put the ip address of the station fot to send email,
>example: 191.10.120.63 is the ip address them you
>qrite inte file access:
>191.10.120.63 RELAY
>and save the modification and ejecut this command as
>root:
>makemap hash /etc/mail/access < /etc/mail/access
>NOTE:
>first take a backup of original access file
>
>Good luck
>
>  --- jijo  john <jijo_john at rediffmail.com> escribió:
> >
> > Hai
> >
> > I just created one sendmail server for my local lan
> > and i created my mx record in the DNS server and I
> > can
> > recive mails from outside .but i can't send to
> > outside
> > it is showing
> >
> > config error: mail loops back to me (MX problem?)
> > Local configuration error
> >
> > wht will be the problem how  can i solve this prblm
> >
> > and I can send and recive from the local lan
> >
> > thanking you
> > jijos
> >

> > jijo's
>Información de Estados Unidos y América Latina, en Yahoo! Noticias.
>Visítanos en http://noticias.espanol.yahoo.com

jijo's