[rhn-users] dell driver

Claudio Jofre cjofre at netexplora.com
Mon Jan 17 13:23:48 UTC 2005

hi: i have on poweredge 1850 that have the
PERC4E/Si: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID (rev 01) control card.
in the web page from redhat this card is compatible with the linux
enterprise 2.1, and in the dell page is the driver only for the 3.0
version.
but i have the version 3.2, and the linux redhat 9.0
in the two version is immposible for me, install de distribucion, with
can not detect the hard disk. but i dont understand with in the
documentation this controller used the megaraid driver, but i select
this driver and the machine not detect this driver. i need write one or
more parameter in this module for install the linux?

who is possible install the driver in one new instalation?
or use this controller other driver?
one person have experience with this card?
thank for any help or link that can help me.