[rhn-users] up2date reason for skipping packages

Bret McMillan bretm at redhat.com
Mon Jan 17 14:05:44 UTC 2005

> Are there a list of errors and explanations for reasons such as "Config
> modified" when up2date is skipping packages?

No list, per-say, but in my experience there are 3 primary reasons
up2date decides to skip a package:

1.  it matches an entry in the package skip list, ala 'kernel*'

2.  a file the rpm contains matches an entry in the file skip list,
    ala '/etc/foo/never-change-this.txt'

3.  you have selected the "do not overwrite locally modified config
    files" option (see 'up2date --config', 'Retrieval Options', and
    'Package Retrieval Options')

--Bret