[rhn-users] schemme for services in red hat

Fabián E. Barco febarco at colredes.com
Thu Jan 20 23:58:02 UTC 2005

Hi,
I need to implement network services for windows clients.
9x,ME,2000,XP,2003.
2003 server only is apps server.
I need centralized authentication for users from windows clients and network
services.
I have two servers with RHEL 3.0 ES.
I think distribute the services in the following way:

one server:
Samba as PDC for authenticate win clients
Samba for file and print services
Bind DNS for local domain
DHCPD

second server:
Internet gateway
iptables Firewall
Bind DNS for internet domain and slave server for local domain
squid proxy cache
apache web server
vsftpd ftp server
mail server ( postfix, wu-imap,wu-pop3, squirrelmail)

should I create users in both servers?
I want mail services (pop3s,imaps) with centralized authentication, web
proxy authentication
do I need use LDAP?.
Can I use two domain, one domain is local domain, other domain is Internet
domain?
can localdomain be a subdomain for internet domain, i.e.
myLocalDomain.myInternetDomain.com?

thanks!
feb.