[rhn-users] Adjusting swap space

Eric Van Steenbergen evs at kerridge.be
Fri Jan 21 14:52:21 UTC 2005

Hello all,

For some bizar reason swap space on one of our servers is set to 0.

[root at RHESPIRSCH etc]# free

Mem:       1538852     227156    1311696          0      16948      99108

-/+ buffers/cache:     111100    1427752

Swap:            0          0          0

On another server we have here with the same OS output is:

[root at rhbelgium root]# ls

anaconda-ks.cfg  ck.bash_profile  install.log  install.log.syslog  lic.txt

[root at rhbelgium root]# free

Mem:       1025344    1003320      22024          0     227088     401564

-/+ buffers/cache:     374668     650676

Swap:      2338808      34944    2303864

Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong and what I can do/use to adjust the
swap space so that is back to normal? When I try to upgrade I get the error
that the system cannot access the rootvg/swap and the only thing I can do is
reboot. I checked /etc/fstab and they are identical.

Sincerely,

Eric Van Steenbergen

Network Facility Manager

Technical Field Engineer

Kerridge Automotive Systems - Belgian Branch
a division of Kerridge Computer Company Ltd.

Rijvisschestraat 118/6

9052 Gent

Tel.: +32 9 240 15 50

Fax: +32 9 240 15 51

E-mail: evs at kerridge.be

  _____

This  message  (including  any  attachments)  is  confidential  and  may be
privileged.  If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender by
return  e-mail  and  delete this message from your system. Any unauthorised
use  or  dissemination  of  this  message  in  whole or in part is strictly
prohibited.  Please  note  that e-mails are unsceptible to change. Kerridge
Computer Company shall not be liable for the improper or incomplete
transmission of the information contained in this communication  nor  for
any delay in its receipt or damage to your system. Kerridge Computer Company
does not guarantee that the integrity of  this  communication  has  been
maintained  nor  that  this communication is free of viruses, interceptions
or interference.
This e-mail message has been scanned for Viruses and Content by Sophos
Anti-Virus and MailMarshal.

  _____