[rhn-users] Mount Windows NTFS partition on Red Hat Linux (same disk)

Aku Orang Ipoh xixa02 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 08:21:53 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I want to know on how to mount Windows (XP) NTFS
partition that are located on same disk of Red Hat
Linux/Fedora.

I had tried to use this command :

   mount -t ntfs /dev/hda1 /disk2

where /dev/hda1 are Windows XP partition (NTFS) and
/disk2 are the directory that I had create, but I got
this error :

   mount: fs type ntfs not supported by kernel

What am I going to do to make the mount of ntfs fs are
supporting by Red Hat kernel ?

I had tried the same way at SuSE Linux v 9.1, and
successfull (that mean SuSE 9.1 kernel are support
ntfs fs).

Thanks for any information.

- xixa02 -