[rhn-users] Install of VNC (Virtual Network Computing)

Trice, Jim jtrice at haastcm.com
Fri Jul 8 15:12:54 UTC 2005

vnc-4.0-0.beta4.1.4.i386.rpm  and vnc-server-4.0-0.beta4.1.4.i386.rpm are
included as part of RHEL3.
vnc-4.0-8.1.i386.rpm  and vnc-server-4.0-8.1.i386.rpm are included in RHEL4.

Just type vncserver. You will be prompted for a password you will need to use
to connect. A .vnc directory will be created. You will probably want to edit
.vnc/xstartup. It has directions in there on how to get a full desktop.

You can get the M$ windows client from www.tightvnc.com. I use putty and
route vnc through ssh for security reasons.

Jim T.

Behalf Of Robert