[rhn-users] problems with RHEL AS UPD1 / RPMs

David J. Orman david.orman at orblivion.com
Thu Jul 28 04:56:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've installed RHEL AS UPD1 from the ISOs, with completely default options
except timezone, passwords, and network settings. Everything works fine. I
login, then I run up2date. It downloads ~50 patches/etc, and installs
them. No problems.

Then, I goto Applications -> System Settings -> Add/Remove Applications

This is where the fun begins. I selected Graphical Web, and that worked
fine. It installed firefox, evolution, etc. All of it is perfectly
functional. However, when I select php-mysql, I get errors that the
package cannot be found "php" required by 'php-pear' then some version
strings. The funny thing is, I looked, and php IS installed. I also tried
installing mysql-server, got sim. problems, just complaining about
different packages. I'm a bit worried when an Enterprise class linux won't
even work properly with a completely bone default install.

Please help,
David