[rhn-users] Update software through up2date - Problems

Johan Holst Nielsen - Print2People ApS jhn at print2people.com
Wed Jun 1 06:32:14 UTC 2005

Alfred Hovdestad wrote:
> I think I found a workaround for this problem.  I was updating an
> Opteron box and I received an error like:
>
> "unresolvable chain of dependencies:
> rpm-libs 4.2.3-21 requires libelf.so.1
>
> (or something like that - it has rolled off of the screen already).

Something like the same I message i recieved :)

And you steps helped me a lot :) Everything seems up2date now :)

Thanks a lot :)

Anyway - and pretty new to Redhat - I usual used Debian in the past :)
So I have one question - there is a nice tool inside Gnome - Add/Remove
Applications.

The dumb thing is that I need to change CD all the time, when I install
new software - it is pretty annoying when I need to install a lot of
different software. Is there a way to change this, so I use the internet
to get the packages instead? :) Or do I need to download the packages
from redhat manually (eg. with wget?).

regards and thanks,
Johan