[rhn-users] dual-head on rh el 4

Don Morgan dgm at baykitty.com
Fri Jun 3 22:25:25 UTC 2005

I recently installed enterprise 4 on my machine.

This was to be able to use the dual-head option. Unfortunately, I cannot
get it to work faithfully.

One monitor is a Sony 200SX, the other a Dell e773c. I tried with an ATI
9200 alone using both outputs, I tried with an ATI 9600 alone using both
outputs and I tried with both of them in the machine.

sometimes, it will give me the option, but most of the time I get the
same thing on both monitors. It also doesn't seem to care what I assign
to what, as it always chooses the Sony over the Dell for primary
monitor.

So far, I have spent more time than I would like to on this. Does anyone
know what I am missing?

Don