[rhn-users] RHEL4 and dpt-i2o support

Bruce Martin redhat at vuiis.vanderbilt.edu
Mon Jun 6 12:47:09 UTC 2005

I have two Supermicro servers that both have SCSI drives installed in a
RAID 1 configuration.
I am pretty sure that early versions of RHEL3 supported using the
dpt_i2o driver so that I could load the os on these drives.
Now I am trying to install RHEL4 on these systems but the installer is
not recognizing the drives and there is only an i2o driver to load.
I have tried loading that and installing but all I get is 99 99 99 99
99...  when booting from the newly installed system.

Is there a workaround?
Can I install an early version of RHEL3 and somehow upgrade to RHEL4
without using the installer?
Is there an dpt_i2o driver that can be loaded during the install
process that will continue to work after installation?

Bruce

--
Bruce W. Martin
Systems Administrator, VSA