[rhn-users] Compiling udf-0.9.8 on Red Hat 9

Jorge jorge at sur-se.com
Wed Jun 8 10:05:15 UTC 2005

      Problem installing udf-0.9.8 on RedHat 9.
      I'm searching for help to install linux-udf on RedHat 9. When I type
in terminal ( always as root) the command make udf.o  from the downloaded
directory I receive this error message:

      In file included from <command line>:1:
      .... some messages
      make[1]: *** [balloc.o] Error 1
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/udf-0.9.8/module'
      make: *** [udf.o] Error 2

      How should I do?

      I tried to install udftools thinking possible that linux udf in
      RedHat 9 has already been installed by default.. but it also fails.

      Sorry for my english.

      Best regards