[rhn-users] Enter 4 boot problem

Alfred Hovdestad alfred.hovdestad at usask.ca
Mon Jun 20 20:10:18 UTC 2005

What have you tried so far?

There are a couple of things that you can try:

1.  Re-install the boot loader.
    grub-install /dev/sda

2. Compare your file labels with /etc/fstab
    Boot up with the rescue disk (linux rescue)
    cat /mnt/sysimage/etc/fstab
    LABEL=/              /                 ext3    defaults        1 1

    e2label /dev/sda1
    /

If the labels don't match, then the kernel cannot mount the / partition.
 From your description, I don't think that this is the problem, but is
one area to check.

    Alfred Hovdestad