[rhn-users] Problem with HP DL380 G4 and MSA1000 Storage

Kay Winterhager Kay.Winterhager at lsg.vanderlande.com
Wed Jun 29 14:53:09 UTC 2005

I have a problem with a HP DL380 G4 and a MSA1000 Storage.
I use redundant HP FCA 2214 HBA with QLogic23xx Chip for the connection to
the storage.

I have 6 disk in the storage, 3 logical drives (RAID 1)

During the boot of the server I get many errors for sda, sdb and sdc:
"Buffer I/O error on device sda, logical block 0..15" etc.

With FDISK and Webmin Partition Manager I can configure the devices sdd,
sde, sdf.

What is the problem with sda, sdb and sdc and what have I to do, to use
sda, sdb and sdc?

Thanks
Kay