[rhn-users] Process information!! Please Guide Me

Sullivan, Michael michael.sullivan at eds.com
Tue Mar 8 16:55:45 UTC 2005

Sunil,

Are there any differences in the init.d scripts between the boxes?  Are you
calling out a run level script at boot up (i.e. rc3.d, chkconfig --list
httpd)?  Web1 is starting correctly and Web2 looks like it's spawning child
processes off of the parent process.  Are you calling 'apachectl' or 'httpd'
to kick off the daemons?  Verify that all the proper modules are compiled
for apache: apachectl -l

Is there information useful in your /var/log/boot.log, messages or
/var/log/httpd/*?  Also check root's mail and look through the "LogWatch"
for any discrepancies.  I would also look at system differences between the
boxes, like the httpd.conf files, version differences with the rpm's, things
like that.

Good Luck!!!

--Mike.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email from EDS is for the sole use of the
intended recipient and may contain confidential and privileged information.
Any unauthorized review or use, including disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender and destroy all copies of the email.