[rhn-users] Deleting a profile for a system that still exists

David Miller justdave at bugzilla.org
Wed Mar 9 21:26:17 UTC 2005

I've got a couple machines that someone plugged in at the office at some
point and got registered into our RHN account, but haven't actually been
on the net in the last month or two.  I'm getting tired of looking at
the "this machine hasn't checked in" marks on my profile list, so I'm
thinking of deleting them off, but before I did so, I wanted clarify
what the behavior is, because the FAQ and the docs don't seem to explain
this particular situation.

So if I delete these machines off my list, and then sometime down the
road someone plugs one of them back into the net again, will it show up
on my list again after it checks in the first time, or will the machine
need to be re-registered if it ever gets put back on the net (or will it
be prevented from re-registering because I deleted it)?

Thanks

--
Dave Miller                                   http://www.justdave.net/
System Administrator, Mozilla Foundation       http://www.mozilla.org/