[rhn-users] Iptables double free or corruption error

pete at chemistry.montana.edu pete at chemistry.montana.edu
Sat Mar 12 22:13:03 UTC 2005

I have RHAS V4 running on my box and I went to install my IPtables
firewall script,
the same one I've used before, and got this error several times.

--dport 2049 -m udp -j ACCEPT
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (fasttop): 0x09e611d0 ***
./ipt: line 251:  4468 Aborted                 $IPT -A IN -p udp -s $

Line 251 looks like this:

   $IPT -A IN -p udp -s $sip --dport 2049 -m udp -j ACCEPT

This is happening on all the line that deal with udp.  I'm seeing this
problem all over the place.

Any ideas on a work around or patch?  Is there something wrong with the
lastest version of glibc?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give

Pete