[rhn-users] Antivirus for RHEL 3 WS

Don don at thewilders.org
Mon Mar 14 13:04:53 UTC 2005

>On Monday 14 March 2005 14:38, George Allen Jr shaped the electrons to say:
>> Hello all
>>
>> I am in need of an antivirus solution for two RHEL 3 WS standalone
>> workstations. I'd prefer a Norton-esque product that comes with solid
>> support and frequent definition updates.
>>
>> Further, since these boxes DO NOT have an external connection (i.e.
>> Internet), I'd need to be able to download the definition/application
>> updates to a CD for installation onto these workstations.
>>
>> I've checked the Symantec website, but have not had any luck
>> identifying an application for RHEL 3 WS.
>>
>> Does anyone have any ideas? If so, please include a URL or a MFG for
>> me to locate the solution you are reccomending.
>
>Clam Antivirus http://www.clamav.net
>Works a charm.

Panda Software also is very nice if you have to run in a mixed environment
But it is not free either:
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/atomz.asp?sp-a=sp10024e84&sp-f=ISO-885
9-1&sp-q=linux&sp-t=COM_P&sp-k=P_HomeCom&sp-k=P_Products&sp-k=P_Download&sp-
k=P_Store&sp-k=P_Support&sp-k=P_VirusInfoCom&sp-k=P_PartnersCom&sp-k=P_About
Panda