[rhn-users] RH EL4 kernel-source

Donald Lambert Donald.Lambert at dal.ca
Wed Mar 23 18:46:02 UTC 2005

I am wondering why RedHat would remove the kernel-source package.
Many of us recompile our kernels for various reason, such as adding
new desired features.

As an example, the "stock" kernel does not allow Multiple LUN Support
on its SCSI device, or clustering nodes for NCP.

Thus we have to compile a new kernel to permit these.  Though
unsupported from the Developers, we still require this package.

Has anyone else found out the reason behind this removal?

-- Donnie
--
         Donald Lambert                   Donald.Lambert at Dal.Ca
         Networks and Systems, UCIS       Dalhousie University