[rhn-users] Accidental loss of ACL settings for Root Partition

Network.Support Network.Support at supercorp.com.au
Thu Mar 24 02:13:03 UTC 2005

We have accidentally overwritten the file/directory ACL settings for our
entire system, as this was a new development system we don't have a backup
at the moment.

Is there any documentation on the default file/directory ACL settings for a
Redhat Enterprise AS 3 Server.

Alternatively is there something in the default build process that we can
re-apply.

If we had to re-install, is it feasible to install to the same partition
structure without too much loss.

At present there is only one application that differs form the original
build and this can be archived prior to rebuild.

Any help would be appreciated.

"find .* -type d -exec chmod 6770 {} \;" was a little more effective than it
should have been.

Alternatively if someone has a basic "getfacl" output from a source RH AS3
server, it would be much appreciated.

Regards Martin T