[rhn-users] Drivers for Promise TX 4200 Serial ATA controller

Pete Masse pete at chemistry.montana.edu
Fri Mar 25 20:55:46 UTC 2005

You need to recompile the driver to work with the version of kernel you are
using.  On the same page you found the 2.4.20-8 driver is the driver source
code.  It's two lines down just under the download for the SuSe 9.0 driver.
Inside there is a README file with instructions on how to compile for your
system.  I went down this road about a year and a half ago.  Promise wasn't
very helpful at the time.  You might consider giving this a test run before
actually doing it on a production machine, if you can.  :)

Pete