[rhn-users] Upgrade from 7.3 to EL3, up2date shows wrong version

Doerbeck, Christoph Christoph.Doerbeck at FMR.COM
Wed May 4 12:49:34 UTC 2005

If I'm not mistaken, on the client run ...

up2date --hardware

although I typically also run

up2date -p

That should fix the hardware & software profile.

Christoph

-----Original Message-----
From: GREG WOJTAK [mailto:GWOJTAK at salliemae.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:40 AM
To: rhn-users at redhat.com
Subject: Re: [rhn-users] Upgrade from 7.3 to EL3, up2date shows wrong
version

Check /etc/redhat-release

>>> cm at metrocomia.co.ke 5/4/2005 4:00:31 AM >>>
HI,

I recently upgraded from Redhat 7.3 to Enterprise 3. When I try to
register
the server it reports the server as version 7.3, however running "uname
-a"
returns the right information.

Is seems this information is stored somewhere on the server, any ideas
where?

In advance Thanks.

This E-Mail has been scanned for viruses.