[rhn-users] login hanging

Clinton Fernandes cfernand at utm.utoronto.ca
Tue May 24 16:37:03 UTC 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm having a pretty strange problem that will likely turn into a general panic
if I can't resolve it soon.

Over the weekend one of my servers became unlog-into-able.
When I enter my password the system just hangs and doesn't respond.

I have tried this over SSH as well as at the console, with 3 different logins.

This particularly server is an NIS, samba and NFS server, and all three services
are working properly. That is, I can log into my NIS clients just fine, and
access the NFS shares.

I have run out of ideas before I even had any on how to fix this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,
Clint.

--