[rhn-users] Resizing ext3 partition

Rob Myroon rob at tartan.ca
Fri May 27 16:59:05 UTC 2005

I want to increase the size of an ext3 partition (/opt) which is the 2nd
last partition on the hard drive. The drive has lots of empty space.

What is the best way to do this? Use parted? I get this message when I
try to move an ext3 partition -> "Filesystem has incompatible feature
enabled". I tried posting to the parted mailing list but there was no
response.

I am starting to think that I should tar the last 2 partitions (sda10
and sda11), delete them both, recreate them both (with sda10 bigger),
and untar the data back.

Does this sound ok?

Rob