[rhn-users] any lucky user got experience with this?

cbeerse at gmail.com cbeerse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:46:54 UTC 2005

jack craig wrote:

> hi RH folks,
>
> in making my xmas list, i was shopping for a new monitor.
> i do a lot of imaging work, i found the below widescreen unit.
>
> http://viewsonic.com/products/desktopdisplays/lcddisplays/proseries/vp231wb/
>

> i wondered if any lucky soul has this monitor working on RH linux today?
> i am asking a compatbility query, probly xfree86 based, can i make
> use of the full wide screen for display, or would i just get a normal
> aspect ratio
> stretched to fix the widescreen?
>
> tia,jackc...

Not peeked at the specs but every monitor can be (relative) easy used up to its
limits with XFree86. If it is not recognized, you just need the timing-specs and
translate that to a monitor line. I donnot know RH details. I do know SuSEs
`sax` (and `sax2`) do a fairly good job in getting it up to the limits.

CBee