[rhn-users] Redhat EL.3 AS box downgraded to ES after update

Tom Hodder tom at ecnow.co.uk
Mon Nov 14 12:12:45 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a local yum respository which is currently stocked with the redhat EL
update #6 rpms, and 100 blade servers configured to use it which are RHEL 3 ES
and AS.

I have 4 RHEL3 Advanced server boxes. When yum ran on those, they picked up the
kernel update. But when I rebooted those servers to use the new kernel, they
were running as RHEL Enterprise server boxes and complaining about too much
memory etc. ie were in a ES configuration. I understand that the kernel is
actually the same for ES and AS now,

so what is the difference that has been lost?

Thanks,

Tom