[rhn-users] RHEL3 box hanging at login

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Mon Nov 14 12:46:09 UTC 2005

Look at the notify line in /var/audit/audit.conf  (the -N switch will
execute a command when the threshold is reached).

You could try something like this (don't leave out any tick marks or
quote marks):
notify          ="/usr/sbin/audbin -S /var/log/audit.d/save.%u -C -T 70%
-N 'mail -s "audit filling up var alert"  <mailto:user at yada.com'>
user at yada.com'";

If you don't really need all that audit info (it can range from months
to years of data) you can change the notify line to the following and it
will just rotate through the four 20M log files (default) using a first
in - first out process. This is usually enough audit data for most
people, but make sure of your own audit log requirements first:
notify          = "/usr/sbin/audbin -C";