[rhn-users] Software RAID

Philip Juels pjuels at rics.bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 30 14:44:20 UTC 2005

Which reminds me...

RHAS v4 also has a funky way it treats LVM devices.  Is there a similar
link on command line setup (via dmsetup?) for LVM.  I'm used to the old
v3 way of creating an LVM set (volgroup and logdevice), but the only way
I know how to mount the set is to first reboot, which re-scans the
filesystems and magically :-) maps the set to some
/dev/volgroup-logdevice (as opposed to the old /dev/volgroup/logdevice).

As you all might guess, I'm studying for the RHCE exam.  I have RHAS v3
down, but the RHAS v4 has some differences that are hard to study for.
I feel sheepish for asking but, does the RHCE cover RHAS v4?  I assume
it does.

Thanks,

--Phil