[rhn-users] Preventing Duplicate Registrations in RHN

Cornwell, Piers T p.cornwell at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 14 11:55:46 UTC 2005

During the %post install section of our install we run rhnreg_ks with
the appropriate options to register the system with RHN however when
systems are rebuilt, which happens quite often, a new registration gets
created (with the same profile name - the machine's hostname - but a
different ID).

Since it's not practical for us to manually delete old profiles, is
there any way to write a script to query RHN to see if a profile with
this hostname already exists, and if so, to delete it before creating
the new registration (or even to force it to use the old system ID)?