[rhn-users] FW: Oracle10g/Linux Errors

Mohamad Faizal faizal at swiftapps.com.my
Mon Oct 10 19:28:28 UTC 2005

Let's start from beginning..

ORACLE= 10g

OS= RHEL ES 3 (update 2) <-- as suggested by oracle

Prerequisite installation= done as request by oracle

Installation just fine until error popup say that

error in invoking target 'relink' of makefile
'.../precomp/libs/ins_precomp.mk'. See '../
installActions2005-10-05_12-38-24PM.log' for details

Below are part of the log file:-

Starting install Link Phase of component Oracle Internet Directory Client
Common Files

Starting install Link Phase of component Required Support Files

Starting install Link Phase of component Oracle Code Editor

Starting install Link Phase of component Oracle Database User Interface

Starting install Link Phase of component Oracle Ultra Search Server Rdbms

Starting install Link Phase of component Enterprise Manager Minimal
Integration

Starting install Link Phase of component Object Type Translator

Starting install Link Phase of component Pro*C/C++

Calling Action unixActions10.1.0.3.0  make

        installMakePath = /usr/bin/make

        installMakeFileName =
/home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

        installTarget = relink

        installArguments =
ORACLE_HOME=/home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1,EXENAME=proc,

        undoMakeFileName = null

        undoTarget = null

        undoArguments = null

        logFile = /home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/install/make.log

        progMsg = Linking proc

The output of this make operation is also available at:
'/home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/install/make.log'

Start output from spawned process:

----------------------------------

Linking /home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/precomp/lib/proc

/home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/lib/s0main.o: file not recognized: File
format not recognized

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

/bin/chmod: failed to get attributes of
`/home/app/oracle/product/10.1.0/db_1/precomp/lib/proc': No such file or
directory

And for the make.log file, I have no other information. I believe this is
all I have, maybe you can advise me how to other informations that's you may
need. The issue why I wrote this to you because I've check many times and
Linux have similar error with oracle installation. Please advise