[rhn-users] Installing RHEL WS 3 vs. AS 3 from CD

Hopson, Russell Russell_Hopson at brown.edu
Thu Sep 1 19:10:39 UTC 2005

Good afternoon,

I have successfully installed RHEL AS 3 (i386) update 2 from CDs that I
burned after downloading the binary discs from the Red Hat site.
However, when I attempt to do the same procedure with the RHEL WS 3
binary discs, the burned CD is not recognized by the same systems that
recognized the AS 3 CDs and I cannot do the installation.

I prefer to work from CD and I was wondering if anyone knew why this
happened and if there is a way for me to burn the WS 3 binary discs so
they can be recognized by my HP workstations?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Russ