[rhn-users] Adding a rh el ws to a domain

cbeerse at gmail.com cbeerse at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 13:48:47 UTC 2005

Brennan, Damien wrote:

> Hi guys
> I'm looking for information on how I can add my red hat enterprise Linux
> workstation to a domain?

How do you mean, add it to a domain? What domain do you like? The dns-domain?
the nfs-domain? or maybe even a M$Windows domain?

The dns-domain is relatively easy: just insert it into your dns-server at the
right place. Then with `redhat-config-network` change the name of the machine to
include your domainname. Optionally edit the hosts file (also trought
`redhat-config-network`). You will most likely need this for the next options...

Then the nfs-domain: I'm not sure but I think `redhat-config-network` also has
an option for that. Or use `redhat-config-nfs`, I'm not sure if that is for the
server-side or for the client side.

For the M$Windows domain, try `redhat-config-samba` and think about how deep you
need to put it into the domain....