[rhn-users] can you upgrade from RHES 3 to RH ES 4?

Wolfram R. Jarisch wolframjar at covad.net
Tue Sep 13 17:46:27 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 13:16 -0400, Kathi Gifford-Hauser wrote:
> Is there a way to upgrade from RHES 3 to RHES4 or do I need to buy another
> license for RHES 4?

I had no problems with upgrading from RHES3 to RHES4. The only issue
could be - you may not get any more phone support (more than the initial
period of phone support has likely elapsed). I was "lucky" - I still got
phone support for a few days because I had just installed RHES3 (at the
beginning of the year). Web support worked after the initial (30day?)
period. Most issues I had, however, should be resolved by now (they all
dependent on fixing bugs in the initial release of RHES4). Best
wishes!!!