[rhn-users] FC4 yum update killed video - dell laptop

Sean Countryman scountry at iastate.edu
Wed Sep 21 15:00:49 UTC 2005

I had the same problem on my home workstation (Dell GX260 with the i810 video).
 The described problem is EXACTLY what I got too.  If you even try to start X,
it goes to a garbled screen and won't go back to the command prompt.  I tried
system-config-display and it too locked up the screen.  It appears the latest
xorg release borked it.  I'll try to manually fix the xorg.conf file, but if
there is a better suggestion, I'd like to hear about it.  Thanks!