[rhn-users] lvm & tcp wrapper problem

Lamon, Frank III Frank_LaMon at csx.com
Thu Sep 22 11:11:39 UTC 2005

If you're using RHEL 3 just unmount the filesystem and use e2fsadm.
ex.
umount /ora01
e2fsadm -L -1g /dev/oravg/ora01
mount /ora01

This would reduce the lv ora01 in vg oravg by 1GB and shrink the filesystem as well - as long as there's still room to do so.

If you're trying to resize one of the OS filesystems/lv's you'll have to boot rescue mode from CD and then do the above - well that's what we do anyway.