[rhn-users] Installation of Linux AS 4 on Dell PowerEdge 2450

Wall, John A, ALABS johnwall at att.com
Fri Apr 7 15:17:19 UTC 2006

Hi,

Has anyone every installed Linux AS 4 on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 with
Seagate Cheethah 18XL disk drives ?
(model number ST318404LC)

I was able to install Linux AS 3 on this box without any problems.

I know Dell has not certified Linux 3 or 4 on this hardware but I am
trying to install Linux 4 and get the following
error:

    No hard drives have been found. You probably need to manually choose
device drivers for the installation to succeed.
    Would you like to select drivers now ?

I have updated to the latest bios A09 and installed the latest Seagate
drivers (SgtFW4.iso).

Any idea ?