[rhn-users] vsftpd performance very slow

dbossung at southeast.edu dbossung at southeast.edu
Wed Aug 2 17:14:02 UTC 2006

Right on the money Daryl, thanks. Now getting over 10Mb/s. Much more fun
moving ISOs around now :)

FWIW I always set the switch port 100FD and then force the host to same.
For some reason when I set this host to 100 FD with ethtool, I would loose
connectivity and when I set it back to HD I got connectivity. (Remember,
the switch port is manually set to 100 FD)

I set the switch port to auto and set the nic to auto, I get 100FD. Go
figure.

The switch is a Cisco Catalyst 3550 and the nic is a built in Marvel Yukon.

Uh, oh, That just jogged my memory that there were some problems with the
Yukon driver under Fedora, maybe I am running into the same thing here.
Will check and see.

Thanks for the pointer

             Daryl Field
             <djf at pipex.net>
             rhn-users-bounces         Red Hat Network Users List
             @redhat.com               <rhn-users at redhat.com>
                                                                        cc

             08/02/2006 05:38                                      Subject
             AM                        Re: [rhn-users] vsftpd performance
                                       very slow

             Please respond to
              Red Hat Network
                Users List
             <rhn-users at redhat
                   .com>

Try copying the file using another method - scp/nfs/samba - you can then
tell whether the network is the issue, which is most likely.
Check IPtables isn't using 'Limit' to throttle connections - unlikely
but I have seen this before.

I'd check your duplex settings up front through.

Daryl