[rhn-users] Red Hat abuse error?

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Aug 3 14:27:57 UTC 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Clifford Perry wrote:

> Steven Lee wrote:
>
> > One of the administrators on campus sent me the following problem report
> > yesterday.  Apparently he is encountering this problem intermittently while
> > patching his systems.  I've encountering some "communication errors" in the
> > last few days while patching my systems, but not this "abuse of system"
> > error.  Has anyone else seen this?
>
> Morning,
> please review the following knowledgebase article on this specific error
> message:
> http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_79_4352.shtm

Isn't it a bit hard to go and manually remove the system profile from RHN
and re-register it ? Possibly loosing information that are stored as part
of the system profile ?

There should be a way to 'unlock' this. And maybe in case this abuse has
happened frequently some way to lock it permanently like is the case now.

Kind regards,