[rhn-users] Mass Usernames and Directories

Bill Watson bill at magicdigits.com
Fri Aug 4 17:45:07 UTC 2006

The way I did this was to create a text file with:
useradd -g users -m -p -d direct4me xxxxx99 mugwhump
useradd -g users -m -p -d directory2 xxxxx99 otheruser
useradd -g users -m -p xxxxx99 another

The first 2 with the -d option create the specific directory for the user,
the 3rd one uses the default /home/another

Then from the root command line prompt:
# sh ./textfile-that-I-created

Bill Watson
bill at magicdigits.com