[rhn-users] RHN automatic errata update stopped working for my systems

Erik Schaberg E.Schaberg at mdx.ac.uk
Thu Aug 10 12:42:10 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have 4 RHN management subscriptions, and all 4 RHEL AS v4 servers used to update the errata automatically. But this has stopped working in recent months. I have not found out what the problem is, any help is welcome, because I trying to sort this out for over a week now, and no luck.

up2date and rpm are both the latest versions and only kernel* is in my up2date skip-list.
up2date works well. (So I can aways put up2date-nox -u in my crontab if all fails.)

But even as all systems have in their RHN profile the “auto errata update” option set to “yes”, they will not schedule updates automatically, so rhn_check will not download and install the errata.

The only thing that gets a errata update scheduled is either:
1)click in RHN on the “update now” button on each the system page, or
2)edit the profile of each system and first turn the auto updates off, save,edit again and turn auto updates on, save, then the available updates are scheduled. But if RedHat have an errata the next week, it is not scheduling it , and I'm stuck again.

I have a screen shot posted in the bugzilla nr 140138 that shows the RHN system page with  the update waiting to applied and the auto errata update=yes.

Since I have an education RedHat license, getting help from RedHat by phone or email is not possible, so I hope one of you can help out or point me in the right direction. I hope this is something simple that I have changed by accident, but my rhn and up2date config files all look ok.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Erik