[rhn-users] Login

Philippe B. Laval plaval at kennesaw.edu
Thu Dec 7 16:29:01 UTC 2006

Running Linux Es 3.0.  Is there a way to configure logins so they are
rejected after a certain number of failures?  I can see from my logs that
somebody has been trying to get into my system.  They consistently (like
every few seconds) try to log in as a certain user.  After a while, they
give up and try another user.  What is the best way to handle this.  I would
like to be able to set up each account so they are blocked after a certain
number of failures.  I also would like to be able to block certain IP
addresses after a certain number of failed logins, even if they were for
different user names.

Thanks

P. Laval

Dr. Philippe B. Laval